Welcome to the 2016-17 season!
- Mandatory rules clinic: Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016, 7 p.m., Central High School, Springfield, Mass. — Main Cafeteria (enter through “Theater & Natatorium” doors closest to tennis courts; end of hall, turn right).
- Sunday, Dec. 4, 2016, 10 a.m., Central HS — Main Cafeteria
- Sunday, Dec. 11, 2016, 10 a.m., Central HS — Main Cafeteria
- Sunday, Jan. 8, 2017, 10 a.m., Central HS — Main Cafeteria
- Sunday, Feb. 5, 2017, 10 a.m., Central HS — Main Cafeteria
- Banquet: Friday, April 7, 6 p.m., Munich Haus, Chicopee, Mass.
A reminder email with these dates and other pertinent details will be sent from this website, so please ensure this site has your current email address. Contact Sec./Treas. Joe Lavoie (413-537-2959) for website access and other Board 31 questions.
2016-2017 MIAA Registration and Background Checks are due before the season:
Please see the associated article on the “Board News” page.
2016 IAABO Massachusetts clinic dates posted.
Please click the “Board News” link for locations and times.
Board 31 member Anthony “Tony” Dulude selected first MIAA Boys Basketball Official of the Year.
Please click the “Board News” link above for the related article.
2015-16 IAABO Board 31 Award Winners
James Yvon Award (program sportsmanship)
Longmeadow girls, Andrea Enright, coach
Longmeadow boys, Pat Murphy, coach
Michael Deary Boys’ Scholarship
Riley Held, East Longmeadow High School
Daniel A. Burke Girls’ Scholarship
Megan Goncalves, Pope Francis High School
Walter Hickson Award (service to the board)
2016 BANQUET — See story on the Board News tab.
The annual Board 31 banquet, under the direction of chair Odete Tome-Wells, was again a resounding success. Click the Board News tab above for an associated story.
Your MIAA Background Check is due Oct. 1, 2016:
* Visit MIAA Background Check Site
* MIAA cost for one sport is $45.
* Each additional sport is $10.
* Click the Board News tab above for associated links.
Your NFHS Concussion Certification is due before the season:
* You must complete the concussion certification to officiate high school games.
* Click the Board News tab above for step-by-step instructions.
* Email only the certificate number to JosephLavoieSr@gmail.com
The president of IAABO Board 31 is Brian Page. He can be reached at (413) 583-5130 or BPage@MassMutual.com
The Secretary/Treasurer of Board 31 is Joe Lavoie. He can be reached at (413) 537-2959 or JosephLavoieSr@GMail.com
The Rules Interpreter for Board 31 is Chuck Elias. He can be reached at (413) 210-3827 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The PVIAC Basketball Commissioner for Board 31 is Bob Martin. He can be reached at 413-525-5284 (Work) or 413-626-2666 (Cellular) or email@example.com.
The Suburban League assigner is Chris Kuhn. He can be reached at 413-426-6609 or CKuhn16@comcast.net.
IAABO’s official apparel provider is Honig’s Whistle Stop. Our local provider is Whip’s Sporting Goods, 509 Page Blvd., Springfield. They can be reached at 413-739-0069 or whipssports.com